The 20-acre site was originally an open field, partially wooded with a one-acre wet pond.
- Imported and placed 60,000 CY of structural fill
- Dewatered and backfilled an existing pond that fell in the building footprint
- Cleared and grubbed 6 acres
- Moved 25,000 CY of topsoil off-site.
- 13,000 ft of curb
- Placed 20,000 tons of stone base
- Placed 10,000 tons of hot mix
The project started in the spring when a wooded part of the site was underwater. The store was to open in October so the schedule did not allow for any delays. The major challenges were to import and place the 60,000 CY of fill and maintain the aggressive schedule while working around the other subcontractors on the site. These challenges were made even more difficult by the fact that the one-acre wet pond was under the building.