|Project||Eagle One Federal Credit Union|
|Client||Commonwealth Construction Company|
|Design Professional||Landmark Engineering|
|Job Size||Under 1 Million|
|Date of Completion||November 2013|
Full site work package for proposed commercial bank on a .3-acre lot.
- Performed all site demolition, including existing curbs and sidewalks.
- 1,000 CY of combined material cut and hauled, cut to fill and cut and stockpiled for later use.
- Installed underground stormwater management “Stormtech” system.
- Installed complete on-site storm sewer system with tie-in to NCCo system.
- Installed sanitary sewer lateral.
- Installed domestic water line.
- Installed concrete curb & islands on-site and in the DelDOT right-of-way.
- Milled and overlaid portions of both Philadelphia Pike & Lawson Avenue as well as placed all on-site hot mix paving.
- Completed final signage and striping for the parking lot and new striping on roadways.
Due to the small size of the site, the performance of multiple tasks by varying trades was difficult and took considerable coordination. Bulk excavation and utility installation needed to be performed carefully and efficiently as Corrado was often required to work around and alongside other trades and their previously-installed work.
Unforeseen utility conflicts changed installation means and methods for the storm sewer tie-in. Corrado was able to work closely with Commonwealth Construction and Landmark Engineering to identify all potential conflicts as well as help to come up with a viable solution to alter and complete the installation.
Portions of the storm and sanitary installation as well as the curb and hot mix installation required work in the DelDOT right-of-way. Corrado was able to work closely with DelDOT and NCCo inspectors to carefully perform the required work while maintaining the necessary maintenance of traffic and safety requirements.