|Project||Love Creek Elementary School|
|Client||Cape Henlopen School District|
|Design Professional||Tetra Tech|
|Job Size||3 – 5 Million|
|Date of Completion||July 2017|
Corrado performed the site work to prepare roughly 25 acres for the construction of a new 100,000 SF elementary school. The project had a tight schedule with students and staff scheduled for the 2017-2018 school year.
- 75,000 CY of earthwork including cuts/fills and excavation of SWM Facilities.
- Installation of erosion and sediment controls for 25 acres.
- Over 3000 LF of storm pipe to provide drainage for the 25 acre site. Corrado installed 90% of the storm system before building construction began in order to provide positive drainage throughout the duration of the project.
- Installation of over 10,000 tons of GABC and 7000 tons of asphalt paving.
- Grade and pour over 2.5 miles of curb and sidewalks.
- Installation of sanitary sewer network to provide connection of the school and future development to Sussex County sewer. Network included 2000 LF of gravity sewer, installation of pump station, and over one mile of force main pipe.
Providing a building pad in the wet months of January and February was a key challenge. By taking the extra effort to ensure dirt work activities were sequenced to allow proper drainage through weather events, footers were started ahead of schedule.
Another challenging part of this project was converting two large sediment traps to infiltration basins to complete the storm system design. This work must be done after full stabilization of the 25 acre site meaning much of the work needed to be done with minimal disturbance to surrounding curb, pavement, and lawn areas. Corrado worked closely with DNREC to remove nearly 3000 CY from the basins to finalize the storm water management facilities.