Site construction of a twenty-two acre site for a new Carmax sales and service facility. The site work included all hard site finishes (Concrete pavement, hot mix pavement and sidewalks) in addition to all on site utility and earth work.
- Installation and maintenance of all erosion and sediment controls for the 22 acre site
- Over 20,000 CY of Earthwork (cut/fill, import and export), which was bid and performed on an unclassified condition
- Installation of 400 LF of sanitary sewer including two large oil/water separator tanks on the sanitary discharge lines and a water reclamation tank at the carwash facility
- Installation of 1,000 LF of large diameter storm piping (18”-36”) including five new structures and tie-ins to four existing storm structures
- Over 1,000 LF of waterline including two water meter pits and three fire hydrants
- 6,000 LF of concrete curb
- 21,000 SF of sidewalk
- 44,000 SY of hot mix and concrete pavement
- Project was started by another site contractor in 2008 and was canceled mid-construction. Corrado worked with GC’s through the bid process to help identify what work was installed previously and identify work that may need to be done in addition to the original bid documents.
- Carmax set a completion date of November 2013 and did not allow for an extension although one of the wettest summers in Delaware’s history hit right in the middle of the construction schedule. Corrado manned the project appropriately to account for weather delays with no additional cost passed on to Warfel or the owner.
- Corrado worked with Warfel and Landmark Engineering to identify potential issues with the design and fix them before work was put in place.
- Many subcontractors on site struggled with the weather and pushed the schedule for the site finishes later in the season than originally anticipated. Corrado worked to clearly identify the critical path for the pavement and concrete finishing schedule to make sure the critical dates were met in order for Warfel to obtain the certificate of occupancy on time.