Site work and new construction of a 100,316 SF, 120-bed assisted living facility in New Castle, Delaware. The site was a Brownsfield site, where demolition, removal and disposal of existing buildings, sheds, and brush were required before new construction could begin. Corrado Construction’s work on the site included:
- Topsoil stripped: 6,325 CY
- Cuts to fills: 11,000 CY
- Storm sewer: 1,070 LF
- Sanitary sewer: 500 LF
- Waterline: 1,500 LF
- Sidewalk: 21,000 SF
- Curb: 3,500 LF
- Paving: 1,500 tons
- Excavate and install three Bio-retention ponds
- Installation of a 1000′ long retaining wall, 26 catch basins and 2 wet taps
- Asphalt walking trail
- Due to the existing wet subgrade soils, Corrado had to treat approximately 140,290 SF of existing soils with Calciment.
- As a Brownfield site, removal of buried trash was needed.
Having worked with many site contractors across the county it was great to be able to work with such a professional, well-staffed and skilled company like Corrado on the Harborchase Assisted Living project. Their experience and attention to detail is above and beyond industry standards. I would welcome the Corrado team on my next project.Paul Smedberg, Project Executive, C.D. Smith Construction